Watch our most recent videos online.
In this segment of So Hot we feature Filipino American film producer Cecilia Mejia. In our recent interview with filmmaker PJ Raval – https://youtu.be/DME5TQkvq8U – he noted that the common denominator of recent successful Filipino American films – “Call Her Ganda”, “Lingua Franca”, “Yellow Rose”, and “Come & Take It” – is #socialimpact producer Cecilia.
In today’s premiere of So Jannelle’s new segment called “So Engaged”, we are joined by Christine Chen, Executive Director and Founder of Asian and Pacific Islander Vote #apiavote as we discuss how to prepare for the upcoming US presidential election.
Get this space to share your message, and reach more people.
Jannelle So is back on TV!
In 2006 she created, produced and hosted the first and only locally-produced daily talk show for Filipinos in the USA. Regarded as a Filipino-American media pioneer for the show she started, Jannelle successfully ran “Kababayan LA / Today” for eight and a half years, before leaving the show in 2014 to start a family.
Kababayan LA became the longest-running daily Filipino talk show outside of the Philippines. It started syndicating on KIKU TV in Hawaii, becoming Kababayan Today.
Jannelle and the show received numerous accolades, such as:
- Honorable Mention – The Los Angeles Press Club (53rd Annual Southern CA Journalism Awards)
- Outstanding Community Reporting – New America Media
- Supreme Hero Recognition & City Proclamation – City of Carson, CA USA
- 100 Most Influential Filipinas in the U.S. – Filipina Women’s Network
- TOFA Awardee in Media & Publishing -The Outstanding Filipinos in America (8th Annual Awards)
- Achievement Award – LA Filipino Association of County Employees
- Bayanihan Spirit Award – Historic Filipinotown Council, Los Angeles, CA
After a three-year hiatus from the Filipino media and the community, Journalist/Host/Producer/Entrepreneur Jannelle, now also a wife and a mother, is once again back on TV — with a new weekly talk/magazine show called SO Jannelle.