Los-Angeles based Filipino American Program SoJannelle.com inks content collaboration with Philippine-based digital news outlet Rappler.com
March 2, 2021 (California, USA and Manila, Philippines) – As International Women’s Month opens, two news outlets founded by award-winning Filipina American media pioneers Jannelle So and Nobel Prize Award Nominee and Time Person of the Year Maria Ressa, announce a content partnership to tell the stories of Filipinos around the world.
Rappler.com is partnering with Jannelle So Productions, Inc. (JSP), founded by Filipino American Pioneer and Los-Angeles-based journalist Jannelle So, to publish video and written stories from SoJannelleTV about the journeys, successes and challenges of Filipinos living in America.
Watch our most recent videos online.
In this segment of So Hot, Musician/Actor Inigo Pascual is joining us to talk about how he’s been making presence in the global music stage and showcasing his talent to the world.
Get this space to share your message, and reach more people.
SO BOLD INFORMED TRUE INSPIRING EXCITING CANDID
Jannelle So is back on TV!
In 2006 she created, produced and hosted the first and only locally-produced daily talk show for Filipinos in the USA. Regarded as a Filipino-American media pioneer for the show she started, Jannelle successfully ran “Kababayan LA / Today” for eight and a half years, before leaving the show in 2014 to start a family.
Kababayan LA became the longest-running daily Filipino talk show outside of the Philippines. It started syndicating on KIKU TV in Hawaii, becoming Kababayan Today.
Jannelle and the show received numerous accolades, such as:
- Honorable Mention – The Los Angeles Press Club (53rd Annual Southern CA Journalism Awards)
- Outstanding Community Reporting – New America Media
- Supreme Hero Recognition & City Proclamation – City of Carson, CA USA
- 100 Most Influential Filipinas in the U.S. – Filipina Women’s Network
- TOFA Awardee in Media & Publishing -The Outstanding Filipinos in America (8th Annual Awards)
- Achievement Award – LA Filipino Association of County Employees
- Bayanihan Spirit Award – Historic Filipinotown Council, Los Angeles, CA
After a three-year hiatus from the Filipino media and the community, Journalist/Host/Producer/Entrepreneur Jannelle, now also a wife and a mother, is once again back on TV — with a new weekly talk/magazine show called SO Jannelle.